- Copy Machine
- Faxing Service
- IRS Tax Forms
- Laminating Services
- Notary Public
- Printing Services
- Public Access Computers
- Shredder Center
- Wireless Internet
- Ye Olde Book Shoppe
The library has a copy machine for public use or printing. Copies are 20 ₵ per page. The library does not have a color copier.
The Library offers faxing services to the public. Patrons can either send or receive faxes. Faxing is done at the reference desk by the library staff.
There is no charge for fax cover sheets. Outgoing faxes are $1 a page and incoming faxes are 50 ₵ per page.
Payments can be made with cash, check (patron must have a library card in good standing), debit or credit card. Using a debit or credit card requires a minimum charge of $5.
IRS Tax Forms
The library currently has 1040 and 1040SR tax forms for the year 2022. If there is a particular tax form required by the patron, we can print a copy from https://irs.gov/ for $0.20 per page.
Laminating ServicesLaminating is done at the circulation/front desk. Fees are:
- Small Item: $1.00
- 8.5 Inches by 11 Inches: $2.00
- Per Foot, 22 Inches Wide: $1.50
- No appointment needed
- $5 per document, cash or card
- Valid photo ID required
- Please bring your own witnesses, staff may not witness in this capacity.
Print from your own device, using a computer, phone, or tablet to the library's Reference Desk printer.
Upload your document here Printing Services Printing Services Printing Services
The contents of this webform are sent to library staff via email. We recommend that you do not submit confidential information (like your library card number, passwords or credit card information). If you need to share confidential information with library staff, we suggest that you use other channels of communication, such as the telephone.
Preview your document
Before you send a document, preview it on your device. Check the number of pages.
Send your document at least one hour before you will need them. You can pick up any documents you've requested during normal library hours but print requests delete after an unspecified period of time. Documents will be printed when you request in person at the Reference Desk and normal printing rates apply, 20 ₵ per page.
Public Access Computers
The library has public access Internet stations.
2 hours per day, per patron in 30-minute increments. We also have one 15 minute express station. The public access computers automatically shut down 15 minutes before closing time.
- Public access computers are available to the public. If a patron does not have a PCLC library card then a guest pass is issued.
- Children between the ages of 13-17 must have a signed parental agreement (available at the reference desk) to use the Internet. Children under 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to sit at the computer with them during the use of the public access computers.
- The library has an area with a word processor using Microsoft Office. There is no Internet access on this computer. Anyone can utilize this computer. The word processor does not have a time limit.
- Printing is 20 ₵ per page. The library does not have a color printer.
- Ear buds are available at the reference desk and can be purchased for $1.50 each.
- Flash drives are available for purchase at the reference desk for $5 each.
The Lake Wales Public Library has a Seed Library!
“Borrow” flowers, herbs, fruits or vegetable seeds for free!
How do you “borrow” seeds?
- View the selection in our re-purposed seed card catalog. The lending seed packets are filed in the drawers by type…vegetable, herb and flower.
- Check them out at our front desk, then plant the seeds in your garden, enjoy the vegetables and flowers that you grow.
- Leave some in your garden to “go to seed”, and then label them and return these next generation seeds for others to “borrow”.
Simple instructions can be provided upon request.
The seeds you save and return are a gift to your community.
We welcome your seed donations.
The library has a shredder in the lobby that is free for the public to use.
Please, limit use to 45 minutes at a time. No staples, paperclips, cardboard, or plastic.
The Lake Wales Public Library offers wireless internet access for portable devices. All visitors can access the library's wireless connection from anywhere inside the building. There is no password required.
The Lake Wales Library Association/Friends of the Library has created a special corner in the library - a quiet place for book lovers to search for treasures that are too wonderful to pass up.
The Ye Olde Book Shoppe is a used bookstore full of hardback books, paperback books, children's books, large print books, and reference materials, all reasonably priced.
It Is open during regular library hours. Visit this unique used bookstore corner, located in the Lake Wales Public Library. Donations accepted daily.
We offer Lake Wales High School Crown Jewel yearbooks for in-house viewing only, meaning yearbooks cannot be checked out.
We have the following years: